Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend of First's

This weekend Dallas had a lot of firsts...

She slept in her crib all night long (big first for mom & dad)

She went to her first Neiman's Saturday lunch 
(something my mom, aunt and I have done for the past 20 years!)


Nonnie got Dallas her first real shoes AND bikini 
She had her first dinner date! 

She went to her first birthday party. 
She found out a lot of boys were going to be there so she put on her finest party dress
Saturday night I was telling Kyle what a great mommy and daughter day I had with Dallas.  How she was such an easy baby all day.  Smiled and laughed with people when we were out and about, took her naps on time and for long periods with no fuss, and sat through a 2 hour dinner entertaining herself and being happy the entire time.  My little girl is growing up so fast.  It is so exciting to see the growth and development Dallas' is going through but sometimes I worry that it is already going too fast. I savor every time I get to rock her to sleep, every time she reaches for me, every time she smiles that wide open smile, basically every time she does anything at all!  
"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children."
Charles (Chuck) Swindoll


No comments:

Post a Comment