Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Hands

We spent the morning celebrating fathers day with my dad but poor Dallas was and is still very sick so instead of getting to hang out afterwards we went home. Kyle got back into town mid afternoon just in time to take a family nap :) Dallas and I did manage to throw together a few surprises for dad which he loved and got one picture of her in her Father's Day dress with daddy.




A few weeks back I snapped a couple of pictures of Kyle and Dallas. He wanted me to make sure and not get his hands in the photos because they were covered in paint and calloused from working on the house. I explained to him that was exactly the reason I was getting his hands in the pictures - they show how hard he works for our little girl. Right now they are battered and bruised because he is has been building a home for her. In the future I imagine them looking the same way from building tree houses, dirt under the nails from mud pies and whatever else the two of them come up with.  Her daddy's hands were the first she held, have caught her when she has fallen, have held her when she was sad, have squeezed her when she was happy. They are a symbol of strength, love and good times had and good times to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment