Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. ~Leo J. Burke

Sleeping in is something I used to love to do. I'd wake up late on Saturday's, grab a huge coffee and hang out in my PJ's until I was ready to go out into the world (or maybe catch another 30 minutes of z's before lunch). I could never comprehend how people were awake and functioning after only a few hours of sleep. Whether it was a function of a newborn child, work, going out or just a freakish internal clock - I didn't get it. Now that I have Dallas I average 4-5 hours a night...when I used to absolutely NEED 8-14 hours. These days I never sleep past 7am, even on the weekends -- babies don't understand lazy Sunday's. My mornings now start with a good hair pull or slap in the face from Dallas and occassionally a soft pat (usually she saves those for daddy). Who knew that having your hair pulled to wake you up could be such an enjoyable alarm clock?

I just got finished putting Dallas to sleep for the night. As she was drifting off she started to smile. I wonder what she was dreaming? My guess: either daddy blowing fart sounds on her tummy or cooter finally letter her rip his hair out of his tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment