Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pictures with Santa

It's Christmas, which means you must get your picture taken with Santa. It's a right of passage and a must do in my household. I know some people are thinking I am cruel for forcing my sweet babies to sit on some scary strangers lap, but in my opinion I'm helping them overcome their fears. Plus Dallas was very excited to see Santa this year. She talked about it for days. And Bliss, she was cool as a cucumber last year so why wouldn't she be this year?

Everything was going great. We were in line, getting closer and closer to see the Big Guy. Except the closer we got, the more anxious I could feel Dallas getting. I gave the baby to Granna (Uncle Christian and Granna are always in tow for these. There is no way I would do this alone), made sure Uncle Christian was on Bliss duty and went to Dallas. I held her and told her it was almost our turn and what fun it would be. Then it happened. She saw him. All. Hell. Broke. Loose. Her screams reached the highest octave her raspy voice can. I raced to get her near Santa knowing we had very little time to make this work. Her screaming scared Bliss, who also started crying and digging her little paws into Christian's shoulder. We threw them at Santa and said go. Santa. Was. Pissed. He gave me a scowl only Santa can give and I knew I would be on the naughty list for years to come. But guess what? It was totally worth it.  I got a priceless picture, an experience I am still laughing about and don't worry Dallas got over her fear.  She even sat in his lap afterwards and gave him a hug. She also sleeps with a Santa stuffed doll every night now. Winning.





No comments:

Post a Comment