Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Momma, I take care of you

In the short two and half  years my girls have been here I have experienced so many wonderful moments with them. Moments that reaffirm my purpose in life is to be their mom. Moments I want to bottle up and hold on to forever. Moments that make me look forward to what is yet to come and long for what has passed.

A few of my favorite mom moments with my girls so far are:
When Bliss first wakes up and lays on me. Only looking up to smile at me through her binky, pull it out, give me a kiss and lay back down.

When Dallas wants more of something and will put her tiny pointer finger up to her face and very seriously say "One more okayyy? One more"

When Bliss gets that mischievous look in her eye and bolts to climb up onto whatever she isn't supposed to and squeals with excitement when she succeeds.

When it's time for Bliss to go to bed and I make the rounds telling everyone to give "Bliss's kisses" and she leans her entire body back in my arms so she can get low enough for Dallas to kiss her head.

When sleepy-eyed girls first see each other in the morning, break into huge smiles, and start giving their morning hugs and kisses.

When Bliss lays her head on Dallas's stomach and Dallas strokes her hair without even thinking twice about it.

Unsolicited hugs, kisses and I love you's

When Dallas puts her hands on my face, pulls it close to hers and says in the sweetest, softest voice, always with a tone of determination "Momma, I take care of you okayyyy" then puts her hand on my stomach and says to her little sister "I take care of you"

I cried in bed the other night after the girls had gone to sleep. Thinking about how unbelievably blessed I am to have them as my children. How God has given me these little girls that I don't deserve but just how grateful I am that He did. How I want them to know that they are my greatest gifts in life. How being their mom brings me such joy. True, pure joy, well it feels pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment