Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

My Moms

As a child you walked before me, To lead by example.
As a teenager you walked behind me. Looking out for my back
and being there when I needed you.
As an adult you walk beside me. So that, as two friends, we can enjoy life together...
 
In my life I have been fortunate to not only have the most amazing mom in the entire world, but also got a two for one package with my aunt (her identical twin sister). My mommy and my Nonnie. I love them both so dearly. They make life fun and exciting and they love my girls oh so good. Tea parties in the park, Saturday lunch dates, wagon rides around the neighborhood, songs they sing from when they were growing up to put the girls to sleep.
To know them is to love them.
I have countless stories I could tell you about how wonderful the two of them are. Like the time my mom was driving me and a few friends to the movies in middle school and her favorite oldies song came on the radio. She jumped out of the car at the red light and started dancing in the street. In that moment I was so proud. That's my mom I thought to myself. To this day it is one of my favorite memories and something that I try to remember in raising my girls... sometimes you gotta dance! Or like the time my mom was going to be out of town for freshman cheerleader tryouts and without a second thought Nonnie was there in her place. Cheering loud and proud and taking me for ice cream afterwards. So thank you ladies, for teaching me how to live life by example and always keeping it exciting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment